Apply these Rules for Pokémon Go! and learn where all the best Pokémon reside at Disney World
While our family is anticipating our yearly pilgrimage to Walt Disney World, there is a new subject abuzz aside from the normal discussion on which pins they’re bringing to trade away or how much Tonga Toast my kids plan to consume. My husband is weighing whether or not a Pikachu nests can be found near the Cinderella’s Castle, and if the crowds at the newly refurbished Planet Hollywood will yield more Horsea.
Pokémon Go! is the theme of our upcoming trip, and I’ve got a crop of Magic Bands labeled ‘Weedle’, ‘Squirtle’, and ‘JigglyPuf’ (that’s me!) to prove it. But we’re going to be smart about our ‘Parkémon’ experience, taking the consideration of everyone’s hard-earned vacations into account.
The following are our rules for Pokémon Go! while in the parks:
- Absolutely no Pokémon Go! while walking through the parks. ‘Catch and release’ happens only while waiting in line.
- If in line playing Pokémon Go! and your brother talks to you, look away from the phone and have a conversation.
- No Pokémon Go! during meals unless all parties consent during a counter-service meal. Hey, there are some great spots where everyone can sit and eat while at a lure and the kids get excited together at their finds. Counter-Service at Be Our Guest is an exception to this rule. (You are in a castle, man!)
- No Pokémon Go! while on the monorail, but buses and the ferries are fair game. The monorail is a ride that is over before you know it and way too special not to breathe it all in.
- This one should go without saying. No Pokémon Go! while on the rides! There is rumored to be a PokéStops on Pirates of the Caribbean. If the blood pressure I experienced while a lady took flash pictures on The Little Mermaid is any indication, my children will be in the water if they attempt to gather Jack Sparrow’s treasure.
Now that we have the rules out of the way, I’d like to show you where all the best Pokémon are in the parks. The following is my Guide to Pokémon Go! at Walt Disney World for LocalPOV.com:
This Guide to Pokémon Go! at Walt Disney World Covers the Following Locations: